What are Facebook’s most important security options?
Facebook users ask themselves this question. We have summed up all the important points – so you can make your Facebook profile safer, even in a short break!
It is important that you also know that such so-called single sign-on can give third parties extensive access to your personal information.
Content, contacts and search
- Who can see your future posts? “friends”
- Who can send you friend requests? “Everyone” or “Friend of friends” Our recommendation “Friends of friends”
- Do you want search engines outside of Facebook to link to your profile? Uncheck the box that says: “Allow search engines outside of Facebook to link to your profile”
- Who can post on your timeline? “Friends”
- Who can see posts you’re tagged in on your timeline? Our recommendation: “Friends”
- Who can see what others post on your timeline? Our recommendation: “Friends”
- Review tags people add to your posts before the tags appear on Facebook? “Enabled”
- Your ad preferences “Not allowed” and “No one”
- Delete your cookies when you exit your browser
- Disable GPS on your smartphone
- Use Facebook on your phone via the internet browser and not with the Facebook App
- Use a different browser for Facebook and another one for the rest.
Everybody is responsible for what Facebook knows about you. Only post what you would say out loud. You don’t have to post your whole life on Facebook.