The social media plattform now features a ‘premieres’ format, surveys and a ‘top fans’ feature
Facebook developed new functions for its website. A new video format called Facebook Premieres will let video creators post prerecorded videos as live footage. It will be similar to a livestream, with users being able to comment, react and interact in real time. Not only that, but there will also be an interactive video survey and the top fans feature.
Here’s how it works:
How does ‘premieres’ work?
- A premiere can be scheduled up to 30 days in advance
- Viewers will be able to click a button to subscribe to notifications on your premiere. Subscribers receive their first notification 20 minutes before your premiere begins. Three minutes before your premiere begins, subscribers are again notified that they can join the broadcast lobby. In the lobby, they can like, share and comment live before the premiere begins.
- When the premiere ends, the video is automatically converted to a regular video post on the Page.
- The Premiere option can be selected when your video is first uploaded, but not afterwards
- Most video and monetizing options are available for premiere as well
Interactive video surveys
This function is intended to activate viewers and to invite participation.
- surveys can be activated with the regular publishing tool
‘Top fan’ feature
- The top fan badge marks fans who show lot of engagement with videos from a specific page
- The badge will be (optionally) displayed on any posts or comments that the fan makes on the corresponding page
- It’s going to be available for all qualified pages
- Every page with at least 10.000 followers can activate this function if their “video page” template is activated.
The “video page” template
Facebook recommends for pages, which rely heavily on video content to change their template to “video page”
How can you change your template?
- Go to your Page and click the Settings tab at the top of your screen.
- Click Templates and Tabs.
- Under the Templates section, click Edit.
- Select the Video Page template.
If you do that, video content will displayed prominently on your page. Your page will be designed to be a video-first experience for visitors.
It will look something like this: